Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A True Exodus

For today's reflection I'd like to share the story of Darlene Bogle, a former leader of Exodus International, a group dedicated to the "conversion" of LGBT women and men to the purportedly normative heterosexual paradigm of sexual and gender identity. Thankfully, witnesses like Darlene demonstrate with their lives the truth of the wondrous diversity of God's creation - that as children of God we're called to live a life that glorifies our Creator as we become fully alive in our bodies, minds, souls, and spirits.

Below is a quote from Darlene and her website is also well worth checking out.

"Now it's been twelve years since I've been out of Exodus Ministry, but I don't know anybody that was involved in my ministry who's still going strong as a heterosexual. And I think what happens is that you can want to please and be accepted by God so much that you choose not to act out behaviorly, but then that gets confused with, are you really healed or are you just so dead inside that it takes an act of God, really, to ignite your soul - to make you realize that he created us to be warm, loving human beings."

Darlene Bogle
Former Exodus leader, quoted in film God and Gays: Bridging the Gap

Blessings,

Padre Chuck

No comments: