Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

Today Christians commemorate the Resurrection of Christ from the dead - a celebration of the triumph of life over death, of love over hate, of hope over despair. This Easter I feel very personally the power of the Resurrection in my own life. For many years I was afraid that that God could not love me if I admitted who I really am. I was scared of the truth and worried that others might somehow find out and reveal my secret.

Today, by contrast, I feel so very different. Granted, many challenges within our churches, places of worship and society in general still face those of us who have discovered it's okay to be who we really are. Still, what a difference, just knowing that I can live my vocation to ordained ministry and to marriage as well as my identity before God and do so in the context of support, encouragement, and solidarity from family, friends, and a supportive community. An amazing experience of the Resurrection, indeed!

Many blessings and good wishes to all for a very Happy Easter as we celebrate the gifts of new life, hope, and peace available to us in every moment from God.

Padre Chuck

No comments: