Although I'm entering into the last phase of preparations for my upcoming exam, I wanted to write just a brief reflection on everything that's happening in Mexico and in the world with the swine flu outbreak.
For me and I know for many others as well these events have reminded us of all the loved ones, family, and friends many of us have in Mexico, for whom we're sending out thoughts and prayers. Additionally, events like these also remind us of how precious life really is - each day is a gift, a time to be cherished, and an opportunity to find genuine peace and happiness in moving beyond ourselves into solidarity with others.
In my own life, I give thanks for family and friends both near and far. I also give thanks for the opportunity to be living in a way that accords with my conscience - serving in ministry and in marriage and no longer living in the closet and, in doing so, discovering anew each day God's goodness, compassion, and love.
Blessings and wishes of peace to all and especially for physical, emotional, and spiritual healing in our churches and places of worship and in our world.
Padre Chuck
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment