It's been a while since I last wrote an entry but I wanted to share some of my experiences so far in Mexico City. The first two weeks of my stay were wonderful as my husband Adolfo was able to be with me and we had the opportunity to explore the city, sightsee and also make new friends.
One of the highlights of our time together has been getting to know some of the local options for churches that are welcoming toward the LGBT community. Although there are still only a small number of churches that are welcoming, we were glad to find two groups that feel like home away from home for now. I've included the websites for both below. Although they're in Spanish, hopefully at least the Spirit if not the full literal meaning of the message of these groups will come across.
Grupo Emaus
Iglesia de la Reconciliación
I will have more reflections on both these groups in the coming weeks but wanted to at least share this brief update for now.
Blessings and peace,
Padre Chuck
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment