Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Beyond the Either/Or God
This past weekend I had the privilege of attending a retreat in which one of the texts we used for reflection was Yvette Flunder's Where The Edge Gathers. Flunder, an ordained minister in the United Church of Christ, offers both in her book and also here in this video some challenging and I think also reassuring reflections on the nature of God - how the true God is not the god we sometimes form and fashion in our own image to conform to our narrow fears and prejudices; how the true God of the Bible is the God who sets the captives free and empowers the oppressed to rise up and reclaim their dignity and in doing so proclaim God's glory once more.
I wish I had more time this semester to write more extensively about these matters and to share here more of my own original thoughts. However, since that isn't possible given my studies I hope that these reflections, albeit brief, continue to serve as a source of inspiration and reflection for those of you brave readers who have stuck with me here. Thank you for walking with me and I look forward to continuing to learn and journey together.
Peace,
Padre Chuck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment