As I've mentioned in previous posts, unfortunately I don't have much time during this academic term to blog since I'm preparing for a series of exams. However, just to share a little thought today...
The other night at choir practice we rehearsed a spiritual called "Walk With Me, O Lord." Mostly it consists of a call and response with the words of the title between choir and soloist but there's also the second part of the verse - "all along my pilgrim journey."
For me at least, as I keep this song in the background while I go about the day it helps to remember that God does indeed walk with us, all along our pilgrim journey. Even when some abandon or reject us or operate from out of fear and condemn us, we know that we are loved and held in being by the God and Creator of the universe - who is mercy and compassion.
May we all know the peace that comes from walking with God each day, may this peace sustain us in moments of sorrow or sadness when the journey feels difficult, and may this peace be our reassurance that in the end in God the victory is ours.
Blessings of peace,
Padre Chuck
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment