Monday, March 2, 2009

Love Stories



As faithful readers of this blog will recall, I'm currently immersed in a fairly busy semester as I prepare for qualifying exams in graduate school. Although for that reason I'm not able to post as much as I'd like, I do want to keep sharing from time to time stories and reflections that are meaningful and inspiring to me and hopefully to you as well.

In that spirit, and in a special way as the California Supreme Court prepares to hear oral arguments concerning same-sex marriage, my hope over the next several posts is to share the stories of real-life families. Wherever any of us may be on this issue at least from a religious standpoint, it seems difficult to argue with love when you see it. People wanting to love each other stabilizes our society and promotes all the things we all hope and long for - justice, peace, family, stability, and hope for a bright future for young people looking for models of commitment and love to emulate in their own lives.

I hope you enjoy these stories over the next several posts and that you share them with others.

Blessings,

Padre Chuck

No comments: