Friday, January 23, 2009
Getting To Know Us
In my own personal experience one of the things that's really helped many family members and friends to come to support LGBT rights is just having someone in their life who is gay and who remains the same person they've always known and loved. We still may respectfully disagree on some things but at least knowing me and realizing that I'm the same person I've always been, with the same desire to serve God and others, I think helps others to see that being gay is okay - that it's just a normal thing that some people experience as the way we were created and how we view the world.
In any case, I wanted to share this video testimony and also the following website from a group that's working to get stories about LGBT folks out there: Get To Know Me First. This group was founded after the unfortunate passing of Proposition 8 in California, in an effort to show how LGBT folks also love our families and simply long for the same things all of us do - love, justice, peace and a hopeful future for our families and friends.
May God grant us the strength of the Spirit as we continue to grow in mutual respect and dialogue on our journey of faith, hope, and love together.
Peace,
Padre Chuck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment