Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A New Direction

As I mentioned in my last blog posting, I'd like to shift a little bit from now on in the focus of what I write. Although I'll still be returning from time to time to issues of church teaching and governance, I'd mostly just like to move on and share more of my own story and how I and other LGBT people of faith are finding ways to put discrimination and prejudice behind us and build lives of hope and blessing together in our communities.

Another factor I wanted to share is that this semester I'll be preparing for my qualifying exams in the graduate program in which I'm studying. Preparations for the exam will be taking up a lot of my time but my goal is to still keep blogging here fairly often, just more on topics around mine and others' personal stories and less on institutions and situations that no longer need to keep any of us from finding peace, joy and support in communities of faith and in loving committed partnerships.

As always thank you for listening and walking with me in this journey. I look forward to continuing to pray and grow in God's love here together.

Peace,

Padre Chuck

No comments: