Saturday, December 20, 2008

Exult and Rejoice



As we near the time that Christians celebrate the birth of Christ I thought I would share here a favorite musical piece: J.S. Bach's "Jauchzet, Frohlocket," from his Chirstmas Oratorio. For me, the exuberance of this music expresses not only my faith in God but also the joy I've discovered in knowing that I'm truly loved and accepted by God just as I am. As the lyrics of the song proclaim, "Set aside fear, banish lamentation. Exult with rejoicing and celebration."

May the joy and wonder that come from knowing the compassion and love of God touch all of our hearts during this season and always.

Love,
P. Chuck

"Exult, Rejoice, Awake, glorify the days
Praise what the Most High has done today
Set aside fear, banish lamentation
Exult with rejoicing and celebration.

Serve the Most High with glorious song.
Let us worship the name of the Lord."

No comments: