Monday, December 15, 2008

We're All Angels



For today's entry I'd like to share a movie recommendation (the above video is a preview for it). It's a documentary called We’re All Angels, which tells the story of the inspiring duo Jason and deMarco - musicians, believers and also a married couple.

I've mentioned Jason and deMarco a few other times here for a couple of reasons. First, I happen to very much enjoy their music and think they're both amazing singers. But also, what's really special to me about their music is that I happened to discover it in the process of my journey of coming to peace with my identity as a gay man and accepting that God really loves me exactly as I am.

As I listened to Jason and deMarco's music (especially their moving renditions of traditional sacred music) it made me realize that not only was it okay to be who I am but that the deepest truth about me is exactly the place from which I can most compellingly praise and thank God. In other words, rather than thinking I needed to pretend to be someone I'm not in order to please God, I discovered that the best way to glorify God with our lives is simply by being who we are - letting God love each of us and then sharing that love and care with others.

May God's Spirit come into all of our hearts in a special way at this sacred time of year - consoling us, strengthening us and blessing us with confidence in our dignity as beloved children of God.

Peace,
P. Chuck

No comments: