Friday, November 14, 2008

Fortunate Families

There's an old saying that God has no hands or feet on earth other than ours to do the work of sharing compassion. As a person of faith, I know that my belief in God's presence and compassion would not be what it is without the concrete, tangible acts of love I have received from family and friends over the years. I feel truly fortunate to have the support and love I have received from my family and friends and pray that others might find the same, both in their families of origin and the family that communities of faith also provide.

On that note, I wanted to share here just a few examples of organizations within Christianity (these particular examples are from the Lutheran, Catholic and United Church of Christ traditions) that are working tirelessly to promote dignity and equality for LGBT women and men of faith in their denominations.

Lutherans Concerned
Fortunate Families
United Church of Christ

Peace and blessings,
P. Chuck

No comments: