Friday, November 7, 2008

How to watch, fight and pray...

I neglected in my first post to talk a little about the title of my blog. It actually comes from a gospel song, "Oh Happy Day." There are many versions of it but one that I love features the words watch, fight and pray -- all things that are so important as we work to promote equality for the LGBT community but also for so many other people whose human dignity is denigrated because of the place they come from or the color of their skin or their status as 'illegal.'

The CD where I found this song is by a duo named Jason and deMarco -- talented singers and men of faith, both and who also happen to be gay and partners -- married, in fact. I've included below a link to one of their performances and a personal testimony from Jason about his own journey to reconciliation of his faith and his identitiy. At least for me, watching this video and reading this testimony, it's hard to deny that something beautiful is happening here -- that the Spirit is at work.

Jason and deMarco performing "Bridge Over Troubled Water" (btw, I know of no better statement of the true message of the Bible than the words to this song):


Jason's testimony:
Reconciled

Pax,
P. Chuck

No comments: